Optimal Health Services
Optimal’s Caring support when it matters the most!
Optimal Health Services provides home health care and hospice care to patients and families in the comfort of their own homes. Helping people who have experienced illness or injury to remain in their home environment safely and comfortably is our goal. And we have the privilege of providing health care in homes for almost 30 years. We strive to take care of every family as though they were our own. Whenever you or a loved one needs home health or hospice care, we hope you will invite us into your home.
About Optimal Health Services
Recognizing the need for compassionate care during the final months of life, Optimal began providing hospice services in 1998 and has grown to eight offices throughout California. Currently Optimal provides hospice services from offices in Long Beach, Bakersfield, Lake Isabella, Visalia, Fresno, Modesto, and Stockton.
Optimal prides itself on being positive community members and supporting the success of the communities we serve wherever possible.In addition to directly sponsoring many community causes, the non-profit Optimal Hospice Foundation helps fill the gap in funding for uninsured or underinsured patients.The Foundation also provides support to children who have lost a direct family member, regardless of whether that family member ever received hospice care.
More Information About Optimal Services
About Home Health
Optimal Home Health has provided home healthcare in Kern and Tulare counties since 1992. Our team of highly trained professionals understand the challenges patients face recovering from illness, injury or surgery. Home Health allows patients to recuperate at home, surrounded by family and friends that are assisted by our licensed healthcare team.
Physician-ordered services can range from nursing care and/or therapy at home that is complimented by support with medication teaching, dressing or bathing. Optimal creates a plan of care that is right for the unique needs of each individual person and customizes this Care Plan as the individuals needs change.
Home Health Services
Optimal Home Health assists your physician in all aspects of your home health care. The type of care ordered by your physician may include IV services, physical therapy, or post operative wound care. Optimal coordinates with your physician and other providers to assure that you receive the best complete medical care possible, with individualized clinical attention in the comfort and privacy of your home.
- Optimal staff work with your insurance company to coordinate coverage for your home health services. Most insurance plans cover home health services and we also accept Medicare and Medi-Cal coverage.
- Skilled Nurses — Our home health nurses offer wound care, medication management, IV administration, ostomy care, enteral feedings, catheter care, respiratory and nutrition education, pain control, and home safety evaluations. Our nurses spend time educating patients about their condition and ways to remain safe, healthy, and independent, thus empowering the patient with tools to continue growing stronger and healthier after they have completed their goals for home health. A nurse is available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions, assess patient situations, offer support, and patients and their families minds at ease.
- Home Health Aides — Optimal Home Health Aides are equipped to offer support and assistance with activities of daily living, such as personal care, bathing, and dressing.
- Physical Therapists — One on one rehabilitation therapy is available to assist with therapeutic exercises to build strength, decrease pain, and improve mobility as well as evaluation of home safety and equipment needs.
- Occupational Therapists — To assist independence in self-care, an Occupational Therapist can help the patient to increase dexterity and coordination as well as evaluation the need for equipment to help in reducing pain and increasing mobility.
- Medical Social Services — This service helps in the assessment of social and emotional needs, counseling, and information regarding financial and community resources.
- Speech Therapists — Our trained Speech Therapists develop and implement individualized treatment programs for each patients unique needs.
When the focus of medical care changes from cure to comfort, Optimal Hospice Care can provide physical, emotional, practical and spiritual support for the entire family.
Optimal works together with patients and their families to enhance their quality of life. By utilizing the most modern pain and symptom management techniques combined with a compassionate support system, hospice helps to reduce the overwhelming stress and anxiety that can come with caring for a loved one with a life limiting illness. Hospice care is provided wherever the patient lives, whether in a private residence, nursing home, or residential care facility.
Hospice: It’s About Living
The preferred choice for care during the end stages of life, hospice helps people focus on living each day. To learn more, watch this informational video.
Hospicio: Se trata de vivir
La opción preferida para el cuidado durante las etapas finales de la vida, el hospicio ayuda a las personas a enfocarse en vivir cada día. Para aprender más, mira este video informativo.
About the Optimal Hospice Foundation
Supporting Excellence in Hospice Care
The Optimal Hospice Foundation is a non-profit organization established to commit its resources to activities which are intended to ensure hospice care and other compassionate programs are available for families facing a life-limiting illness with particular emphasis on the underinsured or uninsured population.
About the Optimal Hospice Foundation
Optimal Hospice Foundation exists to raise awareness of hospice, promote compassionate services in the community, and ensure access to quality services for families in the Optimal service area, regardless of their ability to pay.
The Foundation is a non-profit organization that encourages excellence in hospice care and other compassionate programs for families facing a life-limiting illness. Although most of the cost of hospice care is covered by insurance, some hospice families are uninsured or underinsured, so Optimal Hospice Foundation steps in to assist. With relief from this financial burden, families can focus on their time together.
The goal of the Optimal Hospice Foundation is to ensure families have access to hospice care, regardless of their ability to pay and is there to fill the gap for families who are uninsured or whose insurance benefits have run out. The foundation funding supports direct medical services to patients, spiritual and emotional support services for patients and their families, and a variety of community outreach and educational programs, including three Kids Camps.
Volunteer with Optimal
The volunteers at Optimal Hospice Care understand what it means to provide caring support when it matters most. When you become a volunteer for Optimal, you become part of an amazing program which provides a way for you to make a true difference in the lives of others. Whether you choose to work directly with patients and their caregivers or you prefer to volunteer in one of our other programs, you will be helping to provide a better quality of life for those under our care. What you will discover along the way is that donating time to enhance the lives of others is extremely rewarding. You can truly change a life…maybe your own.
Optimal Hospice Care offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. A few of the ways volunteers support our families and other hospice efforts are:
- Patient Family Support Volunteers provide in-home respite care, which allows caregivers a few hours of much needed personal time.
- Companionship Volunteers spend time visiting with patients who reside in care facilities.
- Bereavement Care Volunteers offer support for those going through the grief process.
- Administrative Volunteers provide valuable in-office assistance to the hospice support team.
- Yard/Home Care Volunteers assist with light yard and home care maintenance for patients who are no longer able to do so.
- Professional Service Volunteers donate their unique skill or talent to help improve the quality of life of the patient. For example, they can offer a haircut or in-home notary services. A license for the professional trade or skill is required.
- Intern/Student Volunteers gain valuable knowledge and life experience by providing support for hospice patients as part of their education.
- 11th Hour Volunteers offer support for families and /or patients during the final hours.
- Carepals Pet Therapy Teams offer animal loving patients the unconditional companionship that only a cuddly animal can provide. Teams must be certified by a reputable pet therapy program prior to becoming members of the CarePals program.
- Life Review Volunteers encourage patients to reflect on the events that have formed their life. Volunteers capture those memories in the Journey Keepsake Journal.
- Event/Recruiting Volunteers work side by side with the hospice team to educate others about the benefits of being involved with hospice care.
- Seamstress/Quilter Volunteers create beautiful handmade gifts for hospice patients.
- Foundation Volunteers assist in all foundation efforts.
- Karaoke Singers Group Volunteers bring the gift of song to provide a better quality of life for patients and other residents in care facilities.
How to Get Started Volunteering
All Optimal Hospice Care volunteers are required to go through an application and orientation training process. To be a hospice volunteer all you need is a little time, a caring nature and a willingness to listen and be a friend. Optimal provides all the training and ongoing support that you will need to have a successful, rewarding volunteer experience. Contact us today, if you are interested.
1227 Chester Ave.
Bakersfield, California 93301
Phone: (661) 410-4000
Fax: (661) 387-7147
Toll Free: (800) 879-8866
661 N Prospect
Porterville, CA 93257
Phone: (559) 782-7670
Fax: (559) 782-7674
Toll Free: (800) 924-2252
1675 Chester Avenue
Bakersfield, California 93301
Phone: (661) 716-4000
Fax: (661) 716-4004
6780 N. West Avenue
Fresno, California 93711
Phone: (559) 320-4000
Fax: (559) 320-4004
6504 Lake Isabella Blvd.
Lake Isabella, California 93240
Phone: (760) 379-5038
Fax: (760) 379-5951
44151 15th Street West
Lancaster, California 93534
Phone: (661) 674-3300
Fax: (661) 206-4416
5000 E. Spring Street
Long Beach, California 90815
Phone: (562) 494-7687
Fax: (562) 494-7817
1101 Sylvan Avenue
Modesto, California 95350
Phone: (209) 338-3000
Fax: (209) 846-7159
2800 West March Lane
Stockton, California 95219
Phone: (209) 670-8000
Fax: (209) 670-8020
2439 W. Whitendale Ave.
Visalia, California 93277
Phone: (559) 741-7220
Fax: (559) 635-4869
This list only displays Optimal specific locations. For a full list of all Bristol Hospice locations, visit our Locations Page.